If you have a contemporary bathroom and the money, I recommend you to look and purchase the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer because it may be the best hanging shower caddy you’ll buy. I don’t own this shower caddy, but I’ve got to say, when I stumbled upon it on Amazon, I was surprised how classy a teak shower caddy looks like.
One question that may pop into your mind when you’re looking at the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer is “what the heck is teak?” Teak is a type of wood that mainly grows in Southeast Asian countries like Indonesia and Myanmar. Teak wood is commonly used for boat building, doors, and furniture because of its high tensile strength and water resistance. Furthermore, according to Wikipedia, teak is surprisingly resistant to pests like termites thus making it ideal for woodwork and home building.
Like many of us when presented the idea of a teak shower caddy, I was skeptical because I know very well that wood and water don’t mix well in the long run. But when I learned that teak wood is very strong, I came to the decision that I need to get my hands on these things to test them firsthand.
The company that made the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer is AquaTeak. The company, AquaTeak, has been producing quality and magnificent wood product for the past 18 years. Products they manufacture includes teak bathroom benches, teak bathroom stools, and other teak accessories that enhance any home and bathroom. Moreover, AquaTeak is committed to their quality craftsmanship that they’re willing to give a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a five-year limited manufacturing guarantee on all their products. Talk about complacency!
The teak shower caddy itself caught me off guard on the way on how it’s supposed to be hanged on the showerhead (it’s an over-the-showerhead shower caddy, by the way). Unlike the Zenna Home 7402AL, which has a mounting mechanism on the top, the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer has its frame to serve as the place where you hang it on your showerhead. At first glance, I think it was one of those unstable hanging shower caddies, but upon further review, I learned that it comes with two suction cups at the back to help stabilize the product, which is a plus point for me.
|Classification||Dimensions (in.)||Weight (lbs.)||Latest Price|
|Over-the-showerhead||25.00 x 05.00 x 13.00||03.50||VIEW AT AMAZON|
The Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer comes with two shelves and a soap dish. Moreover, there are also compartments where you can fit your razors in and wood protruding out of the lower shelf where you can hang loofahs and other related items. The shelves are high enough for you to put large bottles in.
AquaTeak Organizer Pros
Below are pros that I see in AquaTeak’s teak shower caddy. Note that I don’t own a Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer, and I’m not directly paid by AquaTeak to say anything about their product.
- It looks (and smells) splendid. Perhaps the greatest strength of this shower caddy is the nature of the product being wood and being aesthetically pleasing at the same time. Placing this hanging shower caddy inside your bathroom adds that spa-like atmosphere in it. Additionally, some Amazon reviewers also praised how the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer smells. I don’t know how the product exactly smells, but I’m eager to know once I get my hands on AquaTeak’s masterpiece.
- Rustproof (of course) and durable. Unlike those steel shower caddies that promise complete “rustproof-ness”, the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer is completely rustproof because it’s made of wood; you don’t need to worry about waking up next day to find out that you have rust on your steel shower caddy. Subsequently, this shower caddy is astonishingly very durable since it’s made of the “strongest wood on the planet”. One Amazon reviewer even said that he purchased this hanging shower caddy eight years ago, and it’s still in good condition aside from the expected hard water spots.
AquaTeak Organizer Cons
On the flip side, below are the cons of the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer. Again, I don’t own this teak shower caddy, and I’m not paid by anyone to say the things below.
- One bullet to kill. It’s hyperbole to say that the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer can be “killed” or destroyed by a gunshot. But the only thing that can completely destroy this masterpiece is if it falls to the ground from your showerhead. Some of these shower caddy owners complained that the hanging shower caddy is not durable enough to stand a fall to the ground. This may be the Achilles heel of the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer; a weakness that would not be present on sturdy steel shower caddies like the Zenna Home 7402AL.
- Lack of other stabilizing contraptions. This con is a prelude to the one above because due to the product’s lack of other stabilizing or security contraptions, it causes the hanging shower caddy to fall from the showerhead to meet its doom. A lot of negative reviews for the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer has been the product’s lack of other methods to secure it aside from the small suction cups provided.
- Expensive sh!t. Products made from teak wood are expensive, so it’s no surprise that the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer is also a little bit pricey. That’s why on the introduction of this review, I said that I’m recommending you this shower caddy if you have the money for it. Conversely, if you don’t have deep pockets, I recommend you to just buy affordable hanging shower caddies made of steel.
Overall, I would give the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer four out of five stars mainly because of its price tag. I can find a workaround for the lack of stabilizing contraptions con but for the price tag, for me, is way too much for a hanging shower caddy.
I recommend you to get the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer if you have an awesome-looking, contemporary and you want to up your bathroom game by adding a wood shower caddy in it and, of course, if you have the money for it.
Purchase the Moa Teak Oval Shower Organizer on Amazon or, if you’re in the market looking for a hanging shower caddy that a more affordable alternative from AquaTeak, I recommend inspecting the Umbra Shamboo Bamboo Shower Caddy.